CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs and Wintrust Financial Corporation announced their Legacy Partnership introducing Wintrust as the exclusive Official Banking Partner of the Chicago Cubs, Hickory Street Capital LLC and Cubs Charities.
This long-term agreement establishes Chicago-based Wintrust as a vital partner in a restored Wrigley Field, the development around the ballpark and the Cubs' community and neighborhood involvement. Starting with the installation of the Wintrust sign on top of the left field video board for the 2015 season, the Legacy Partnership will expand over time and will include:
- Primary signage rights above the new left field video board (rendering attached).
- Exclusive ATM provider rights. Fans will be able to use Wintrust ATMs at multiple locations within Wrigley Field.
- Logo placement on the team's media backdrop.
- Eventual naming rights of the ballpark's Gate D on the corner of Addison and Sheffield avenues. Gate D will be named "The Wintrust Gate" once its renovation is complete.
- Rotational signage behind home plate.
- A video board feature between innings at every Chicago Cubs home game.
- A presenting sponsorship of a game each season, including a special promotional giveaway item for fans.
- A presence at the team's Spring Training home, Cubs Park, in Mesa, Arizona, with signage in the outfield and behind home plate, promotional space at the ballpark and a promotional date each season.
- A retail lease in the future entertainment plaza and hotel development adjacent to Wrigley Field, through a separate agreement with the Ricketts family's Hickory Street Capital LLC.
"It was important for us to find a strong local player for our Financial Legacy Partner," stated Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts. "This Legacy Partnership pairs these two Chicago institutions for years to come, and we know our fans will support Wintrust's role as a critical partner in helping the team achieve its goals of winning a World Series, saving Wrigley Field and being a good neighbor. Wintrust is a perfect fit for us."
Along with the numerous Chicago area charities it already supports, Wintrust will play an important role with Cubs Charities as a Hall of Fame sponsor of Cubs Charities' primary fundraising event, the Bricks and Ivy Ball. Wintrust will also be an associate partner of the team's annual Cubs Convention and work with the Cubs and Cubs Charities on other community initiatives throughout the season.
"This is more than a sports sponsorship," observed Ed Wehmer, Wintrust CEO and Founder. "This is two Chicago institutions partnering to meet two lofty goals - one to win the World Series for the first time in more than a century, and the other to become Chicago's Bank in an increasingly fragmented and competitive market. You can see a lot of parallels in our two organizations."
The Wintrust legacy partnership agreement was secured by the Cubs' agency, W Partners, which was launched in February of 2013. The Cubs entered into an agreement with W Partners to secure legacy partnerships as part of the 1060 Project.
Wintrust becomes the fifth Legacy Partner of the Chicago Cubs, joining Anheuser-Busch, ATI Physical Therapy, Starwood Hotels and Resorts and Under Armour.