One MLB Network Plaza
Secaucus, NJ 07094
For questions or comments regarding your MLB Network TV schedule, please email email@example.com.
For information on MLB Network Affiliate Sales, click here.
For information regarding advertising on MLB Network, contact MLBNAdSales@MLB.com.
For media relations inquiries, please email MLBNetworkPR@mlb.com.
Some information about sun outages:
Each Spring and Fall, cable and satellite companies experience a technical phenomenon called "sun outages," which can impact television networks. For a period of about two weeks, the sun causes "solar interference" to all geostationary satellite signals. As the sun's path across the sky gets lower each day, there are times when it is in a direct line behind a communication satellite that is sending signals to a receiving satellite dish here on earth. When the dish antenna is looking into the sun, the interference from the sun overrides the signals from the satellite. This is when a sun outage occurs.
Sun outages occur during the months of February/March and September/October and can last as long as 15 minutes a day and take place over a period of 15 days. At first, the outage is minimal, beginning as "sparkles" in the picture during the first days. Gradually, it worsens to the point of total outage. Once it reaches its peak, the interference will gradually decrease, becoming less noticeable each day after. Some channels will experience "blocks" or "freeze frames" in the picture before and after the peak times. These are the channels received digitally from the satellite.
Unfortunately, there is technically nothing cable and satellite companies can do to prevent sun outages from occurring. Each satellite service that they receive signals from will experience this interference at predictable times. The best advice that can be offered when experiencing this phenomenon is to be patient while the sun outage passes naturally.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
MLB Network Facebook One Million Fan Sweepstakes RulesOFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by FACEBOOK, nor is FACEBOOK associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to FACEBOOK.
1. SPONSOR: The MLB Network, LLC, One MLB Network Plaza, 40 Hartz Way, Suite 10, Secaucus, NJ 07094
2. ADMINISTRATOR: The Promotional Edge, 9937 Jefferson Blvd. Ste. 210, Culver City, CA 90232, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the "Million Fan Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes").
3. ENTRY: Sweepstakes will start on October 18 at 4:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") and end on October 19 at 4:00 PM ET Eastern Time ("ET")("Entry Period").
4. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.facebook.com/MLBNetwork and find the post featuring "Thank you fans, were 1 million strong and we're celebrating with 100 giveaways! Like this post to enter for a chance to win" posted by Sponsor on October 18 ("Post") and like the Post using the Facebook functionality on the Page ("Like") ("collectively "Entry"). Entries using macro, robotic, script, or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Limit one entry per person and/or per email address per day regardless of whether one person has more than one email address or more than one person use the same email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/CLEARANCES:
Content and Originality: Each Entry must be the original work of the Entrant, may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
No Names and Likeness Without Permission: The Entry must not use individuals' names, in whole or in part (except for the Entrant's first name); refer to public figures; contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission.
No Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content: The Entry must not, in the sole and unfettered judgment of the Sponsor, contain words, images or statements considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group nor contain material that is unlawful, sexually explicit, libelous or content that potentially infringes on their party rights. Content must be in keeping with Sponsor's reputation and image, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Any failure to meet the above Requirements and Clearances may result in disqualification.
6. LIMITATIONS: Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 4 are void. Open only to persons, who are, as of Entry, 18 years of age or older, who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C., (collectively, "Territory") and not employees of Sponsor, or Administrator; their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, "Entities"); nor members of their households or immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and their spouses). With respect to MLBN, the Entities shall be deemed to include MLB Advanced Media, L.P., MLB Advanced Media, Inc., MLB Holdings, Inc., MLB Online Services, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, The MLB Network, Inc., The MLB Network Puerto Rico, LLC, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties Canada, Inc., MLB Japan Co., Ltd., MLB Europe, Ltd., the Major League Baseball Clubs, and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, mutilated, non-delivered, postage-due, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified. Entries that contain printing or production errors, are tampered with, illegible, photocopied, mechanically reproduced, distributed where prohibited by law or not obtained through regular channels will be deemed null and void. Liability for any irregular Entry or Request will be limited to replacement with another. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
7. PRIZE: Three (3) Grand Prizes: A Samsung 48" LED Smart TV (ARV: $800.00 each); 25 First Prizes: MLBN baseball caps ($20.00 each); 60 Second Prizes: MLBN mason jar (ARV: $12.00 each); and 12 Third Prizes: MLBN shirts (ARV: $10.00 each). Total ARV of all prizes: $3,740.00. All prizes are subject to manufacturers' standard warranty.
8. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. All winners will be selected at random on or about October 20 from among all eligible Entries received by the Administrator. The decision of the Administrator shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
9. WINNERS: Potential winners will be contacted by Sponsor and/or Administrator via a Facebook comment or message ("Contact") on or about five (5) business days after the Drawing to obtain additional information needed to verify the eligibility of the Potential Winner and send him/her their prize after she/he is confirmed.. Once the winners are confirmed and their mailing address is available, Grand Prize potential winners will be sent paperwork by overnight delivery service. Grand Prize potential winners will receive an affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release ("Affidavit"). The potential first, second and third prize winners will receive their prize once their address and eligibility is confirmed. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to Contact within 3 calendar days after Administrator's attempt to contact the potential winner;  the return of any notice or prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit within five (5) business days after its mailing;  potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize by two weeks and  Administrator's inability to contact potential winner due to any changes she or he may make on their Faceook page or account between the time they submitted their Entry and the time she or he is contacted by Administrator  any other non-compliance with the Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner; and the grand prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.
12. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners (after 10/16/14 and before 10/31/14) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: MLBN Million Fan Sweepstakes, c/o Ventura Associates International LLC, Dept. VG, 60 East West 42nd Street, NYC, NY 10165.