Here in the baseball blogosphere, we throw around phrases like "coolest human being on the planet" and "I wish this guy were alive today to teach me how to fish" a lot. Too much, maybe -- because every so often, we will stumble across a photo like the one above and it all gets put into perspective.
Let's just break down this photo of Honus Wagner from 101 (!) years ago:
1. He's wearing his full Pirates uniform.
2. He's wearing a coat that would fit right in with Burberry's 2015 collection.
3. He's fishing, one of his many non-baseball hobbies.
4. He's walking on what appears to be the edge of a cliff, directly across from a waterfall.
5. He clearly knows how great he looks fishing, because he has a photographer present to take a picture.
Yeah, at that precise moment Honus Wagner was the coolest human being on the planet and I wish he were alive today to teach me how to fish.